The Student Wellbeing Team is available to provide short term support to students around a range of issues which impact on them including the following:
Grief and Loss
Faith and Spirituality
Being informed helps students make better choices. If necessary, the Student Wellbeing Team can also help students get in touch with other health providers, such as local doctors and pharmacists, community health services, psychologists, student support staff, family planning agencies and more. Access to the Student Wellbeing Team is free, friendly and confidential. We are available for students and families when issues arise. We can be found in the Administration building or you can contact us on 5443 2133 for an appointment.
Local Service Information:
Bendigo Community Health Service
- Health assistance for young people
- Medical Practice
- Youth Counselling Service – For people under 21 years, individual sessions and support available. Includes alcohol and drug counselling
- Alcohol and drug service
- Sexual Health Service – Informal confidential setting to assist both men and women in making informed choices and decisions on sexual and reproductive health issues
- Financial Counselling and Support
Contact Details: www.bchs.com.au
13 Helm St
T: 03 5430 0500
F: 03 5430 0544
Headspace BendigoHeadspace Bendigo is a place you can go to, when you may need help with any issue (large or small) that maybe worrying.
- Headspace Bendigo provides support, information and assistance for young people aged 12 to 25 years who are going through a tough time.
- We aim to provide support as early as possible so you can access headspace Bendigo even if your problem seems to be really small or really huge.
- At Headspace Bendigo you can receive support from a range of professionals including youth workers, sexual health workers, social workers, alcohol and other drug workers. These workers are skilled in listening to young people and can help you identify problems, goals and achieve creative solutions to issues.
You can come and see us about a whole heap of stuff like:
- General Health
- Mental Health
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Education and Training
- Social Activities
- Sexual Health
192 Hargreaves Street (upstairs) Bendigo.
Phone 03 5434 3939
Opening Hours Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
St Luke’s Connect Central Youth Service
- Single entry point to support services for young people and their families
- Assessment of the most appropriate response to the presenting issues
- Supported linkages to a Connect Central casework service and/or other specialist service
- Information and advice to young people families, schools and services
- Mediation and reconciliation focus sessions
10 Mundy Street, Bendigo Phone: 03 5434 3944